Protection Orders

Helping You Obtain Protection Orders

At a young age, we are taught to treat others with kindness and respect. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always happen. Finding yourself in a situation where you need an order of protection from another individual can be frightening.

The Law Offices of Jason A. Showen, LLC, will explain your options and help you file for an order. Attorney Jason A. Showen understands that this is an emotional time and will help you take measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you and your family. We are strong advocates for victims of domestic violence and abuse in Warren and Clinton counties. Our attorneys can help you understand what you will face when entering one of those county courts.

Types Of Restraining Orders For Domestic Violence

A restraining order is required when you wish to restrict the behavior and contact another individual has with you. There are two types:

  1. Temporary Restraining Order: This type of order is issued during a divorce case. This order places a restriction on what the named party can do with certain financial assets and how they can behave or interact with you.
  2. Civil Protection Order: This type of order is issued when an incident of domestic violence occurs. This order provides you with more significant protection, placing greater restrictions and requirements on the named party. Domestic violence is clearly defined by Ohio law and includes knowingly attempting, threatening or causing physical harm.

Civil protection orders are enforced by the police, while temporary restraining orders are not. If the named party violates your temporary restraining order, you must petition to have them held accountable for violating the order.

Take Action To Protect Your Family

There is a civil method, known as an ex parte protection order, that allows you to pursue a domestic violence claim. Whether you need to seek an order for domestic violence or a temporary restraining order, we can help. Located in Lebanon, lawyer Showen helps individuals in Clinton and Warren counties. Call us at 513-282-6080 to schedule a consultation and take action.